Overclocking a CPU is usually done to achieve faster speeds and increased performance. However, this process can also lead to overheating, so it is important to have a good CPU cooler to keep things under control. There are many different types of CPU coolers on the market, and it can be tough to know which one is the best for overclocking. In general, air coolers are more affordable and easy to install, while water coolers are more effective at cooling but can be more expensive and difficult to install. Ultimately, it is up to the user to decide which type of cooler is best for their needs.
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider:
Whether you’re a first-time PC builder or a seasoned overclocker, there’s a few things you should take into consideration before buying a CPU cooler. The first is compatibility: Make sure that the cooler you’re considering is compatible with both your CPU socket and your motherboard. Next, you’ll want to consider cooling capacity: How much heat does the cooler need to dissipate? The last thing to consider is noise: Some coolers are noisy, while others are nearly silent.
How We Pick & Test:
We start by looking at the top coolers on the market and then break them down by performance, features, and price. We also overclocking each cooler to see how it performs under stress. We then take all of this information and put it together to create our list of the best cpu coolers for overclocking.
Top 10 Best Cpu Cooler Overclocking
Details of Best Cpu Cooler Overclocking
- Classic 120mm tower design with high-quality copper base, 6 heat pipes, and a smooth copper base ensures superior performance. The Kaze Flex PWM fan offers improved performance ramp up to 1200 RPM which has been specially designed for use on CPU coolers, provides superior cooling performance for mainstream, gaming PC, even overclocking with high TDP processor(9900k, 9700k, 9600k,3700x)
- Quiet 120mm Kaze Flex fan (Fluid Dynamic Bearing) for high airflow and static pressure with silent operation(PWM, 300-1200RPM). Addition fan clip for adding 2nd fan(optional) as push-pull configuration for maximal performance.
- The asymmetrical heat sink layout provides full access to the front RAM slots. Cut-out fins on the back allow a clearance of 55mm for the rear RAM slots. (LGA2011 / LGA 2066). Standing only 154.5mm tall, the cooler perfectly fits into the most popular tower cases on the market.
- HPMS II(Hyper Precision Mounting System 2th Gen) is a secure and easy-to-install spring loaded mounting system compatible with socket INTEL LGA 1200 / 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011(V3) Square ILM / 2066 Square ILM & AMD AM4 / AM3(+) / AM2(+) / FM2(+) / FM1
- Product Dimension: (W)136.0 x (D)110.5 x (H)154.5 mm Weight: 890 g / 31.7 oz Included: Mugen 5 cooler, Kaze Flex fan, 2 sets of fan clips, H.P.M.S. II mounting kit, high-end Thermal compound grease, screwdriver, manual
- 15% better in performance to noise ratio, FUMA2 has reached itself to next level. Dual heatsinks and fans accelerate and enhance heat dissipation for top-tier performance. 6 x 6mm heatpipes and copper plate base ensure heat from CPU and drop temps. Ideal for mainstream, gaming PC, even overclocking with high TDP processor(9900k, 9700k, 9600k,3700x, 3800x, 3900x, 3950x).
- Asymmetrical design allows unrestricted use of any front RAM slot, and cut-out fin design gives clearance(55mm) of rear RAM slot(LGA2011/2066). Standing only 155mm tall, the cooler fits most PC case on the market.
- Using Kaze Flex 120mm quiet fan(Fluid Dynamic Bearing), FUMA2 use two different thickness(25mm & 15mm) PWM fans rotating in opposite direction. This generates higher static pressure as well as stable airflow thus pushing cooling performance to maximum while keeping silent operation. Addition fan clips is included to add 3rd fan.
- Premium HPMS III is easy-to-install and secure for socket INTEL LGA 775, 1150/1151/1155/1156, 1200, 1366, 2011(V3)Square ILM, 2066 Square ILM & AMD AM2(+), AM3(+), AM4, FM1, FM2(+). This mounting system gives precise contact pressure to CPU and support most popular sockets and motherboards on the market.
- Product dimension: (W)137 x (D)131 x (H)154.5mm, Weight: 1000g. Included thermal compound paste and Y fan cable for installing both fans on one CPU fan header.
- Proven premium heatsink (more than 200 awards and recommendations from international hardware websites), now available in an all-black design that goes great with many colour schemes and RGB LEDs
- Only 37mm height allows it to fit compact HTPC and Small Form Factor (SFF) cases, tailored footprint guarantees 100% RAM and PCIe compatibility on all ITX, Micro-ATX and ATX LGA17xx motherboards
- Renowned, award-winning NF-A9x14 slim 92mm fan with Low-Noise Adaptor and PWM for automatic speed control: full cooling performance under load, whisper quiet at idle!
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1700 (LGA17xx family) CPUs
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for Intel Core i7, i5 or i3 with moderate heat load (e.g. 12500, 12400, 12300, 12100, see compatibility list)
- The only gravity-driven, two-phase CPU cooler - operates without a pump and uses a dielectric fluid that¡¯s perfectly safe for expensive electronic components
- Extreme performance and unleashes the ultimate overclocking potential. Decrease rendering times and increase frame rates - includes Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste
- Large CPU cooler - Includes 4 PWM controlled, low-noise fans that allow you to achieve the highest overclocks or whisper quiet operation. Dimensions - 164mm x 251mm x 104m. Requires minimum of 164mm of CPU cooler clearance - Max. allowable RAM height is 48mm - Please double check the dimensions before make your purchase
- Compatible with AMD's new Ryzen 7000 CPUs and all other popular sockets including Intel LGA 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1200, 1366, 2011, 2066 and AMD AM4, AM5, TR4, sTRX4. Support horizontal motherboard only. This CPU Cooler should be installed the direction as explained in the manual. The condenser must be above the evaporator
- 10-year warranty - the ProSiphon Elite is built to withstand the harshest climates and the most extreme temperatures. Our warranty sets the gold standard for CPU coolers
- Supports Motherboard Socket: AM4
- Aluminum heatsink - Pre-applied thermal paste
- Direct screw mounting to socket AM4 motherboard
- 3.5-inch 90mm fan
- 4-pin PWM power connector (9-inch length, approximate)
- CPU socket support: Intel：115X/1200；AMD：AM4
- Radiator size: L135mm*W135mm*H155mm; Fan size: L120mm*W120mm*H25mm
- Custom 155mm Height PWM fan for excellent cooling and low noise
- Fan speed (RPM): 1550RPM±10%; Radiator height: 155mm; Cooling method: air cooling; Power interface: 4pin; Noise ≤25.6DBA; Voltage 12V
- Massive heatsink(125mm*135mm*155mm) constructed with 6 x 6mm heatpipes and copper base to maximize heat transfer and dissipation from CPU
- State-of-the-art dual-tower design with 6 heatpipes and 2 fans provides class-leading cooling performance for overclocking or near-silent systems
- Successor of the classic NH-D14; more than 250 awards and recommendations from leading international hardware websites and magazines
- 2 highly optimised NF-A15 140mm fans with PWM support and Low-Noise Adaptors for automatic speed control and ultra-quiet operation
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1700 (LGA17xx family) LGA1200, LGA115x, LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD AM4 & AM5
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 12900K, 12700K, 12600K) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 7950X, 7900X, 7700X, 7600X)
- Advanced Heat Transfer - Achieve higher overclocking performance with a heat dissipation power of 260W to cool demanding CPUs.
- DeepCool 120mm FDB Fans - Includes two 120mm PWM fans with fluid dynamic bearings for greater friction reduction resulting in lower noise and longer reliability.
- Exceptional Cooling - Dual-Tower design with 6 copper heat pipes through a dense fin-array.
- Multi-Platform - Reliably supports most modern Intel Core and AMD Ryzen CPUs.
- Dimensions: 129x138x160mm, 43mm RAM height clearance (59mm in single fan config).
- 【Better Heat Dissipation】The low profile CPU cooler comes with 4 heat pipes and 120mm PWM fan to make sure excellent heat transfer from CPU
- 【PWM Fan】The 120mm PWM fan delivers Low-Noise for automatic speed control and ultra-quiet operation for extreme CPU cooling performance. Max. Air Flow: 76.16CFM ; Noise Level: 15.2-32.5dB(A)
- 【RAM Compatibility】Noninterference with memory mounting even in mini-ITX motherboards
- 【4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes】4 direct contact heat pipes with exclusive direct contact Technology effectively provide excellent heat dissipation
- 【Compatibility】The CPU air cooler supports most Intel & AMD sockets like Intel LGA2066/2011/1700/1200/1150/1151/1155/1156 and AMD AM4/AM5
- ALSEYE creatively adds a temperature display on the air-cooled CPU cooler, which can intuitively read the temperature of the CPU surface in real-time.
- The cooler cover and the fans on the radiator come with the led lights, supports aura sync ARGB light effects, and freely define favorite dazzling light effects.
- 6 units 6mm copper bottom soldered heat conduction copper pipes, which can quickly conduct CPU heat, and are equipped with dual 120mm PWM fans to quickly dissipate heat.
- Only two screws are needed to firmly fix the radiator, and the installation steps are simple and quick. The package comes with installation accessories and tools, as well as detailed installation instructions with illustrations. Drop test, if the cooler has been installed well and tightly, the CPU cooler will not be tilted and will not cause damage to the CPU while the case falls from 1.5 meters during transportation.
- Compatible with Intel LGA1700/1200/1150/1151/1155/1156/1366/2011/2066 and AMD AM4 dual platform. (Notice: Compatible with Intel LGA 1700/1200/1150/1151/1155/1156/1366/2011/2066 and AMD AM4 dual platform. (Notice: There is a detailed installation video of M120D plus on ALSEYE YouTube channel.)
Benefits of Best Cpu Cooler Overclocking:
The best CPU cooler for overclocking is one that has a lot of features that are beneficial for the user. One of the most important features is the ability to adjust the fan speed. This is important because it allows the user to control how much cooling is necessary for their system. Another important feature is the ability to monitor the temperature of the CPU. This is important because it allows the user to know when they are pushing their system too hard and need to back off.
the best gaming experience
The size of the best CPU cooler for overclocking the best gaming experience will vary depending on the CPU that you have. If you have a smaller CPU, then you may not need a huge CPU cooler. However, if you have a larger CPU, then you will need a larger CPU cooler in order to get the best gaming experience.
Designing the best CPU cooler for overclocking involves several design considerations. One of the most important design considerations is the thermal design. The thermal design of a CPU cooler must be able to dissipate the heat generated by the CPU during overclocking. Another important design consideration is the mechanical design. The cooler must be able to properly mount to the CPU and provide adequate cooling airflow.
Ease of Use:
The best cpu cooler overclocking is very easy to use. You just need to plug it in and it will automatically overclocks your cpu. It is very simple and effective.
There are a few overclocking air coolers available in the market which offer good cooling and are very easy to install. Some of the well-known brands are Cooler Master, Scythe, and Thermalright. These companies offer a wide variety of coolers with different designs, features, and price ranges. You can choose the one that fits your requirements and budget.
The best CPU cooler is not only durable but also efficient in keeping your CPU cool. It is important to find a CPU cooler that is compatible with your CPU in order to avoid overheating and damage to your computer.
Frequently Ask Questions:
What’s the best CPU cooler for overclocking?
There isn’t a single “best” CPU cooler for overclocking, as the ideal cooler for your needs will vary depending on your CPU, your cooling setup, and your overclocking goals. However, some popular choices for CPU coolers among overclockers include water cooling kits, tower coolers, and low-profile coolers.
Overclocking your CPU can give your PC a performance boost, but it can also lead to stability issues and shorter component lifespan. If you want to overclock your CPU, we recommend that you invest in a good aftermarket cooler. CPU coolers with large fans and good heatpipes will help keep your CPU cool and stable even when overclocked.
Last update on 2022-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.