There are a lot of different deer food plot mixes on the market, but finding the best one can be tough. You want a mix that will provide the right nutrients for deer, and you also want a mix that will grow well in your area. The best deer food plot mix will vary depending on where you live and what your deer prefer to eat.
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider:
Every wildlife manager knows that a well-designed food plot is an important tool for deer management. But with so many products on the market, it can be hard to decide which food plot mix is right for your needs. Here are a few things to consider before buying a food plot mix:
1. What are your food plot goals?
Are you looking to attract and hold deer on your property, or are you simply trying to provide a supplemental food source? Your answer will help determine which mix is right for you.
2. What time of year will you be planting?
Different mixes are designed to be planted at different times of the year. Make sure you choose a mix that can be planted when you want to.
3. What kind of soil do you have?
Different mixes perform better in different types of soil. Make sure to choose a mix that will do well in your soil type.
4. What kinds of plants are you looking for?
Different mixes contain different kinds of plants. Make sure to choose a mix that contains the types of plants you’re looking for.
5. What is your budget?
Food plot mixes can vary widely in price. Make sure to choose a mix that fits your budget.
Taking the time to consider these things before you buy a food plot mix will help you choose the mix that’s right for you and your goals.
How We Pick & Test:
There are many factors to consider when picking the best deer food plot mix. The mix must be able to provide the correct ratio of nutrients that deer need for a healthy diet. It must also be able to withstand harsh weather conditions and be able to grow in a variety of soil types. Furthermore, the mix should be able to attract and hold deer in the area where it is planted.
Once a mix is selected, it is important to test it out before planting a large area. This can be done by planting a small patch and observing how the deer respond to it. If the deer are attracted to the mix and appear to be healthy, then it is a good candidate for a larger food plot.
Top 10 Best Deer Food Plot Mix
Details of Best Deer Food Plot Mix
- Perfect: No-Til Food Plot Blend of Crimson Clover, Purple Top Turnips, Forage Rape, Forage Oats, and Rye Provides Attractive Nutrition That Keeps Them Coming Back
- Beginners: Great food plot blend for seasoned veterans and beginners alike - this blend germinates quickly and can be planted with minimal equipment
- Versatile: Highly attractive to deer throughout all of hunting season. The leafy forage is attractive from Early Fall Bow Season through Late Firearms Season
- Quick: This Sweet and Favorable Blend is Designed to Germinate and Grow Quickly
- Sizes: 1 Acre (10 lbs), 1/2 Acre (5 lbs), and 1/4 Acre (2.5 Pounds)
- 5 LB BAG SHADY PATCH – Pure Whitetail Shady Patch is a no till food plot seed for deer that is perfect for your favorite hunting spots. This irresistible all season deer attractant might just be one of your most effective deer hunting accessories.
- PREMIUM SEEDS – Forage Brassica seed, Forage Rye seed, Forage White Clover seed, & Forage Rape seeds create an irresistible all season deer attractant. Let these deer food plot seeds bring the deer to you. Deer hunting has never been simpler.
- EASY TO USE – These premium food plot seeds for whitetail deer are perfect for a shady, secret spot with minimal sunlight. Deer feed, grow strong, and keep coming back for more!
- ALL SEASON ATTRACTANT – Pure Whitetail Shady Patch is the perfect choice for a year-round buck attractant. Shady Patch provides a reliable deer food source to lure velvet bucks in the early season, attract big tine deer during the rut season, and bring in battle scarred bucks late in the season.
- ONE BAG COVERS 1/4 ACRE – Throw the seeds where whitetail access your favorite hunting spot to create a whitetail food plot deer will return to forage year-round. Each bag covers 1/4 acre.
- 1 JUG (4.5 LBS.) = 1/4 ACRE (11,000 Sq. Ft.) - Comes in a handy reuseable container
- PERFECT FOOD PLOT MIX IF YOU DON’T HAVE HEAVY EQUIPMENT - Make sure your PH is right and work to rough up the soil with hand tools and garden rake
- REMOVE LEAVES AND DEBRIS - This ensures proper seed to soil contact, improving seed germination, root development and overall success of the plot
- DESIGNED TO ESTABLISH QUICKLY - Attracts deer to those hard to get to stand locations back in the woods
- FINALLY A “NO TILL MIX” WITH ZERO “FILLERS - That doesn't require heavy equipment and is an absolute deer magnet
- Perfect: Brassica blend of Purple Top Turnips, Daikon Radish, and Forage Rape that can provide up to 3 tons of forage per acre
- Beginners: Great food plot blend for seasoned veterans and beginners alike - this blend germinates quickly and can be planted with minimal equipment. Also works great as a No Till blend
- Versatile: Highly attractive to deer throughout all of hunting season. The leafy forage provided by the Forage Rape is attractive in early season and the bulbs from the turnips and radishes are great for late season hunting
- Protein: High in protein and energy to help your deer herd through winter as it will become extremely favorable after the first frost when the forage becomes sweet
- Sizes: 1/2 Acre (3 lbs) or 1 Acre (6 lbs)
- 1 JUG (3 LBS.) = 1/2 ACRE (22,000 Sq. Ft) - Comes in a handy reuseable container
- UNIQUE MIX OF "SUPER FOODS" - Ethiopian Cabbage, Forage Collards, Hybrid Forage Brassica, Forage Turnip
- COLD AND WARM SEASON FORAGES - Maximizing All-Season Attraction
- DESIGNED TO GROW RAPIDLY, MATURE QUICKLY AND HANDLE THE TOUGHEST CONDITIONS - Including heat, drought and severe cold
- EASY TO PLANT, MINIMAL TILLING REQUIRED
- Includes specially selected cereal grains, annual clovers, brassica, radish and lettuce
- Highly attractive annual forage specifically designed for areas hard to access with farming equipment (logging roads, remote clearings, etc)
- Can be planted either in a fully prepared seedbed, or with minimal ground preparation sufficient to establish good seed-to-soil contact
- EXTREMELY drought and cold tolerant - Establishes quickly and grows rapidly
- Tolerates as little as only 3-4 hours of broken or filtered sunlight a day
- Fall annual designed to attract deer to small, remote food plots for bow hunting
- Includes new specially selected radish and lettuce, and other highly attractive forages
- Designed for maximum attraction with minimal planting effort - Can be planted with minimal seedbed preparation
- Designed to flourish even in partial shade - EXTREMELY drought and cold tolerant
- Contains a soil pH booster to help optimize forage growth even in slightly acidic soils
- ANTLER KING | Bigger Bucks - Healthier Deer. The Leader in Wildlife Nutrition Products, Food Plots, Minerals and Attractants
- FALL/WINTER/SPRING FOOD PLOT SEED BLEND | This unique mix stays green all season and beyond to provide deer with much needed winter energy, plus up to 20% protein for bucks to grow next year’s rack | Plants 1/2 Acre
- COLD-TOLERANT NUTRITION | The Winter Peas in Fall/Winter Spring offer a 20-30% protein forage, are very cold tolerant and the entire plant (stem, leaves, pod) will be browsed and eaten by deer. The special variety of Fall Rye will offer a tender green food source with up to 15% protein and stay green all winter long
- 6-8" GROWTH IN 10 DAYS | Special variety of winter peas, a unique variety of fall rye, radishes and buckwheat grow extremely fast (can be 6″ tall in only 10 days) and stay green all fall and winter. If you are an avid hunter and are looking for an unbelievable hunt plot, this is it!!
- PLANTING DIRECTIONS | Plant in fall only, plant August through October. Recommended fertilizer is 19-19-19 or 15-15-15 at 300lbs. per acre. pH should be between 5.5-7.0. Can plow in spring to put nitrogen back into the soil
- Made in United States
- Product Type :SPORTING GOODS
- Package Dimension :8.8 cm x 24.4 cm x 32.1 cm
- Package Weight :2.37 kg
- Includes Whitetail Oats, a HIGH-SUGAR, COLD-TOLERANT OAT that’s only available in Whitetail Institute products
- Includes Whitetail Institute's HIGHLY ATTRACTIVE "lettuce-type" brassicas
- Establishes and grows quickly
- EXTREMELY drought and cold tolerant
- EARLY AND LATE SEASON attraction and tonnage
Benefits of Best Deer Food Plot Mix:
There are many benefits and features to consider when choosing the best deer food plot mix. The mix should be well-balanced and contain a variety of nutritious ingredients that will support the health of deer. It should also be palatable and attract a wide range of deer. The mix should be able to withstand a variety of weather conditions and be easy to maintain.
The best deer food plot mix is one that is high in protein and low in carbohydrates. The mix should also be high in fiber and low in fat.
There are many factors to consider when designing a food plot for deer. The type of vegetation, soil type, available sunlight, and rainfall are just a few of the things that will affect what type of plants will grow best in your area. You will also need to consider what time of year the food plot will be used the most. If you are looking to attract deer during the winter months, you will need to choose plants that will remain green and provide a good source of nourishment even when the temperatures drop. Some good choices for winter food plots include rye, wheat, and clover. If you are looking to attract deer during the summer months, you will need to choose plants that can withstand the heat and provide a good source of nourishment. Some good choices for summer food plots include corn, soybeans, and alfalfa.
Ease of Use:
The best deer food plot mix is very easy to use. You just need to add the mix to your soil and then water it. The mix will then start to grow and attract deer.
The best deer food plot mix is convenient because it is a mix of different vegetables that deer like to eat. This mix is also easy to store and doesn’t require much preparation.
When you are looking for a food plot mix that will provide you with high-quality forage that will last throughout the season, you want to choose a mix that is durable. The best deer food plot mix will be able to withstand the elements and still provide your deer with the nutrients they need. This mix will also be able to hold up to the wear and tear of constant grazing.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Does the mix contain a forage for deer?
The mix does not contain a forage for deer.
After doing some research and reading reviews, the best deer food plot mix appears to be the Mossy Oak Biologic Maximum Outdoor Food Plot Seed Mix. This mix is specifically designed to attract and hold deer, providing them with the nutrients they need to grow and stay healthy. It is a mixture of different seeds that deer love to eat, including clover, alfalfa, and brassica. The mix also contains endosperm for added protein and essential oils for added flavor.
Last update on 2022-10-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.