A dual monitor KVM switch is a device that allows you to connect two different computer systems to one set of monitors, keyboards, and mice. This type of switch is ideal for those who want to be able to use two different computers at the same time, but don’t want to have to constantly switch between them.
There are a few different types of dual monitor KVM switches on the market, so it’s important to find one that fits your specific needs. Some of the features to look for include:
-USB compatibility: If you want to be able to use your USB devices with both computers, make sure the KVM switch you choose has USB ports.
-Video quality: Choose a KVM switch that supports high-quality video so you can take advantage of your dual monitors.
-Compatibility: Make sure the KVM switch you select is compatible with the operating systems and computer hardware you’re using.
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider:
Assuming you have a few things sorted out before venturing into the world of dual monitor KVM switches, such as what resolution and refresh rate you need, what ports you require, etc., here are a few other factors to keep in mind before settling on a specific model:
– Ease of use: how easy is it to set up and use the KVM switch? Are the included instructions clear and concise?
– Compatibility: will the KVM switch work with your existing setup, including any adapters you might need?
– Extra features: some KVM switches come with additional features like USB pass-through or audio support – is this something you need?
– Budget: of course, you’ll need to consider how much you’re willing to spend on a KVM switch.
How We Pick & Test:
There are a few factors to consider when picking the best dual monitor KVM switch. The first is the number of ports. How many computers do you need to connect? The more ports, the more expensive the switch will be. The next is compatibility. Make sure the switch supports the type of computer you have. The last factor is features. If you need certain features like USB support or audio support, make sure the switch you pick has them.
To test a KVM switch, we hook it up to two or more computers and make sure it can switch between them without any issues. We also test the switch with multiple monitors to make sure it can handle the load.
Top 10 Best Dual Monitor Kvm Switch
Details of Best Dual Monitor Kvm Switch
- 【KVM Switch Dual Monitor HDMI 2 Port】This Dual Monitor KVM switcher 2 monitors 2 computers allow you to control 2 PCs by only one set of keyboard & mouse,share 4 USB devices and 2 monitors(Extend display mode or copy display mode). Please note that the extended mode can output two different screens, and the copy mode can output two identical screens.
- 【Ultra HD 4K@30Hz】2 port HDMI KVM switch dual monitor support input of different resolutions, such as 4K@30Hz, 1440P@60HZ, 3D and 1080P@60HZ or lower resolution. Note: if you need a 4K resolution , please use version 2.0 HDMI cable and make sure your computers and monitors support 4K !
- 【KVM Switch with 4 USB 2.0 Ports】Dual monitors HDMI USB switcher with standard USB 2.0 port which can recognize wired/wireless keyboard mouse USB hard drive printer or other USB devices.please note that this KVM switch not compatible with HD Webcam and macbook pro well,so we don't recomand connect to our product.
- 【Great Compatibility & 2 Switching Mode】MLEEDA KVM switch HDMI driver-free for Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS,Linux.plug and play,no external power required. you can press the button on the panel or use the desktop controller（included in the package） to switch the computers.LED indicate the active computer.
- 【USB HDMI KVM With Wide Compatibility】Dual Monitor KVM support many kinds of input devices,such as PC,Laptop,Apple TV,PS3/PS4,Xbox.it is widely applied for Office,Multimedia Teaching,Meeting Room,etc.
- 【Dual Monitor KVM Switch HDMI 2 Port】: Consoles control up to 2 computers or laptops with 1 independent set of USB keyboard, mouse and monitor or 2 monitors extended or duplicated display with dual head input. The best KVM Switch to make your work space tidy and efficient, also a premium choice for working from home.
- 【USB HDMI KVM WITH WIDE COMPATIBILITY】: Cross support multiple operation systems & devices: Fully compatible with Windows 10/7/2000/XP/ and Mac; also support HDMI devices like webcam, hard disk player, game console, DVR, NVR etc.
- 【HDMI SWITCH BOX WITH CONVENIENT SWITCH MODES】: 1. Hot key switching on keyboards that support all operation system; 2. Switch via Mouse Click (Industry Leading Technology); 3. Toggle selection on front panel; 4. Auto scan switch with adjustable interval (8-999 second). 5. Wired remote switch (one-touch switch)
- 【DRIVER FREE KVM HDMI SWITCH WITH USB 2.0 HUB】：Plug and play with no driver needed: include all cables and DC 5V power adapter, with extra USB 2.0 port for sharing USB printers, scanners and jump drives, wireless and gaming keyboard mouse. Note, please use USB 2.0 port on computers to connect USB of A cables, USB 3.0 port may not work.
- 【4K HDMI KVM SUPPORT AUDIO MIC. AND AUTO EDID】Enjoy high definition picture up to 4K@30Hz built-in Auto EDID, supports separate audio and microphone output. Heavy weight high-end anti interference metal design to ensure sturdiness. Buy now and see the difference!
- 𝗗𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗛𝗗𝗠𝗜 𝗞𝗩𝗠 𝗦𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝟮 𝗜𝗡 𝟮 𝗢𝗨𝗧: Control 2 computers or laptops with one set of wired or wireless keyboard, mouse and 2 extended or mirrored monitors at the same time; With Slide Switch for KVM or USB operation mode. Virtual connection prevents the input from flickering and supports fast switching.
- 𝟯 𝗣𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗨𝗦𝗕 𝟯.𝟬 𝗛𝘂𝗯 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝟮 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀: The integrated USB 3.0 ports allow you to share USB peripherals like printer, scanner, webcam and hard disk between 2 computers with data transfer rate up to 5Gbp/s (10 times faster than USB 2.0); Extra USB 1.1 port for Hotkey switching.
- 𝗛𝗗𝗠𝗜 𝟮.𝟬 𝗨𝗽 𝘁𝗼 𝟭𝟰𝟰𝗛𝘇: Supports maximum resolution up to 4096x2160 @60Hz, 2560x1440@60hz/144Hz, and compatible downwards depending on support of graphic card, monitor and adapters if used any; Supports auto detection and memory function in case of power down; Also supports separate audio and microphone ports.
- 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: The host PC must have two HDMI connections to KVM switch then can get pictures on dual monitors, if only have one HDMI connection then will get one pciture only.
- 𝗧𝘄𝗼 𝗦𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗠𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗱𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗪𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 :1. Toggle selection on front panel; 2. Hotkey switch (keys on keyboard). Cross support multiple operation systems & devices: Fully compatible with Windows 10/7/2000/XP/ and Mac; also support switch between devices without keyboard and mouse like DVR and NVR;
- 【Dual-Monitor-KVM-Switch-2 Port 】TESmart KVM switch, using only 1 set of keyboard, mouse and 2 monitors to control 2 computers, support display one computer’s main and extended desktop
- 【Dual HDMI KVM Switch with USB2.0 Port】- Supports Connecting your USB 2.0 port device such as Scanner/USB driver/3D Printer/Monitor Camera
- 【Support Many Ways to Control】Support keyboard hotkey, front panel buttons and IR signals to control this Dual Monitor KVM (AAA battery not included)
- 【4K 60Hz Resolution & Smart EDID】The HDMI+HDMI KVM Switch supports max resolution up to 3840*2160@60Hz,it comes with EDID emulators in each input port, keep PCs always having correct display information
- 【★A Higher Level of Keyboard and Mouse Compatibility】 Support keyboard and mouse pass-through mode (Semi-DDM USB).You can use more keyboard and mouse functions that are not supported by ordinary KVM. Supports wired, wireless, mechanical, multimedia, and gaming K&M.No delay, zero latency keyboard and mouse switching.
- 2 PORT KVM SWITCH DUAL MONITOR: Many of you may have 2 desktops or laptops for personal and work, this KVM Switch is for you to control them using one set of keyboard, mouse and single or dual monitors to build a tidy and efficient home office and reduce device spending.
- KVM SWITCH 2 COMPUTERS 2 MONITORS WIDE COMPATIBLITY: Cross supports Windows, Linux, Mac, Unix, Ubuntu, Raspberry and most other major OS; also supports HDMI devices without USB signal input like DVR, NVR etc
- KVM SWITCH HDMI 2.0 4K 60HZ: Confirms to HDMI 2.0 protocol, supports maximum resolution of 3840x2160@60Hz and compatible downwards, Dual monitor requires 2 HDMI connection from each computer to the KVM switch, please be aware of the adapters you might need before order;
- PC MONITOR SWITCH AND USB SELECTOR: This USB KVM has 2 USB keyboard and mouse port which are dedicated for hotkeys, they can be changed to standard, USB 2.0 HUB by turning off hotkeys, if you are using a wireless keyboard and mouse set sharing one dongle, then you will have a spare USB 2.0 HUB port for one more USB 2.0 peripherals (power hunger USB device not recommended);
- COMVENIENT SWITCHING MODES: Supports multiple switching modes to jump between personal and work around 2 seconds via mouse roller clicks, keyboard hotkeys, push button, also support auto scan with adjustable interval time for monitoring or testing purposes. Wired remote is not included for cost saving.
- 【 KVM SWITCH DUAL MONITOR】This kit help you use 1 set of keyboard and mouse to control 2 computers share 2 monitor, you can switch anytime. It requires each computer support 2 screen display functions. Highly recommend using a source with dual HDMI ports for use with this product, otherwise, that need VGA/DVI/ DP to HDMI convertor or docking station. Please choose the high quality devices, if the convertor/docking station is not good quality, it may lead to not display or reduce the resolution.
- 【HDMI KVM UHD 4K@30Hz】 Support 4K x 2K@30Hz/3D/1080P resolution, make the image display more exquisite and realistic. You can enjoy the most luxurious video with this HDMI KVM dual monitor Switch.
- 【HOTKEY SWITCH】You can choose hotkey switch (Press scroll lock+ scroll lock+1/2), you also can switch the two signal sources by the panel buttons, the status light tells you which port is active. Special Note: Hotkey switching is not supported when the keyboard and mouse use the USB 2.0 port.
- 【POWERED BY USB】It means powered by USB cables, no need external power adapter, just connect you switcher devices to enjoy, it make you work and life easier and simpler. Come with 1 Micro USB power cord for power supply.
- 【PLEASE NOTE】Please note that in the premise that the supports dual display or multi-screen display, the extended mode can output two different screens, and the copy mode can output two identical screens; If your computer only supports single display, then this product cannot help you get dual display function. Please make sure that all cables are connected tightly, and make sure that all cables are good. If you have any questions about the product, please contact us.
- CAPABILITIES: This KVM Switch Dual Monitor DisplayPort helps you to Hook up 2 computers or laptops to share one set of keyboard, mouse and dual extended or mirrored monitors, with 2 extra high speed USB 3.0 hub ports for more peripherals; Perfect for IT specialist, gaming, multi tasks and WFH (work from home);
- RESOLUTION: DP 1.4 KVM Switch supports max. resolution of 8K@60Hz for dual DP input on a single monitor, 8K@30Hz, 4K@144Hz, 4K@240Hz (32:9), 2560x1440@144Hz and downwards. Final resolution is also subject to graphic cards, monitors, cables and adapters and how those work together;
- COMPATABILITY: Cross supports most major operation systems like Windows, Linux, Mac and more; also support switch between devices without keyboard and mouse like DVR and NVR; Support webcam, speaker / headphone and microphone;
- SWITCH METHODS: Supports more switching methods than others to meet with different needs, including keyboard hotkeys, mouse hotkeys, push button, wired remote and auto scan; switching only takes 2 or 3 seconds after first set-up;
- WARM REMINDER: Adapters will be needed if your computer does not have dual DP outputs, powered HDMI to DP or USB C to DP adapters are preferred; This DisplayPort KVM switch does not support EDID emulation so the desktop locations may change upon switching and boot-up.
- 【KVM switch 4 computers 2 monitors】 4 port KVM switch Perfects for hooking up to 4 desktops or laptops to share 1 set of keyboard, mouse and 2 monitors for home office setup, gaming consoles and streaming devices. Meet the needs of your different devices, reduced clutter and free up desk space by reducing the number of unwanted keyboards, monitors and mice. Create a simplified workstation.
- 【EDID Emulators】 TESmart dual monitor KVM switch is ideal for configurations with multiple displays that don’t share the same native resolution or aspect ratio. With four computers using two monitors, everything is where you left it on your screen when you switch to another machine and come back. Without EDID, your windows may move around when switching. No longer have to sit and wait for the windows to adjust.
- 【Ultra HD 4K@60Hz Resolution】 TESmart 4K KVM switch support up to 3840x2160@60Hz RGB 4:4:4 and downward compatible. Support 3D, HDR, HDCP, and Dolby Vision make the image display more exquisite and authentic, the color will be vivid and moving, and it will really be a feast for your eyes. Just enjoy the high quality video with the 4 computers KVM switch!
- 【Keyboard and Mouse Seamless Switching】 No delay, zero latency keyboard and mouse switching makes your use smooth and enhance your work efficiency or gaming experience. Pass-through mode (Semi-DDM USB) makes it compatible with more keyboard and mouse devices. Supports wired, wireless, mechanical, multimedia, and gaming K&M (Not support wireless bluetooth K&M).
- 【5 Advanced Switching Modes】 The 4 port KVM switch provides several switching options for different scenarios: Front panel keys for selecting manually, keyboard hotkeys for quick channel selection, mouse gesture for fast switching, auto scan with adjustable interval for monitoring and testing, and just think how cosy you could be after the whole work day, when you switch the signal via IR remote control (AAA batteries not included)!
- 💖【Dual Monitor KVM Switch HDMI】This HDMI KVM Switches allow you to use one set of keyboard and mouse to control 2 computers and share a monitor or 2 monitors extended or duplicated display with dual head input. Keep your workspace tidy and make your life simpler and more efficient.
- ⭐【4 Convenient Switch Modes】 Industry-leading technology with multiple switching modes.①Key switch; ②Mouse switch (Drive-free); ③Keyboard hotkey switch(Drive-free); ④Automatic scan switch (Drive-free, adjustable interval (8-999 second))
- 🏆【Ultra HD 4K Visual Enjoyment】This HDMI USB KVM switch supporting resolution 4K x 2K@30Hz/3D/1080P resolution, make image display more exquisite and realistic, color will be bright and moving, really give a feast for your eyes. Note: Only when both your source and monitor support 4K@30Hz then you can get 4K effect.
- ✨【Great Compatibility, Match Various Devices】This USB KVM HDMI switch box works with great compatibility, driver-free for Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS, Linux, and Chrome OS, simply plug and play. Also support HDMI devices like webcam, hard disk player, game console, DVR, NVR, etc.
- 🎁【Support Headset and Microphone 】Rybozen KVM Supports separate audio and microphone output, supports 3D video, compatible with HDCP. Heavyweight high-end anti-interference metal design to ensure sturdiness.
- 【One Set Of Keyboard & Mouse Control 4 PCs Share 2 Monitors 】This Dual Monitor HDMI KVM help you control 4 PCs share 2 monitors (Extend display mode or copy display mode) by only one set of USB keyboard & mouse, under the condition of your computers or laptops support multi-display or dual display. If your computer has only one HDMI output, you can use a converter or conversion cable, such as VGA to HDMI converter or conversion cable, DVI to HDMI converter or conversion cable, etc.
- 【Ultra HD 4K Visual Enjoyment】This small & exquisite kit supporting high resolution max up to 4Kx2K@30Hz, and also supports 3D and 1080P@60Hz or other lower resolution (Downward Compatible). It supports most wireless keyboards and mice or mechanical keyboards on the market (ergonomic keyboards are not supported), plug and play, no extra power adapter required. Note: Only when your sources and monitor support 4K@30Hz then you can get 4K effect.
- 【Support 2 Modes Switching】1. Buttons switching；2.Hotkey Switch：Use hotkey switch need to insert the keyboard and mouse into the HDMI dual monitor KVM K/M USB ports on the panel（Hotkey switch: Scroll Lock+ Scroll Lock+ 1/2/3/4 or Ctrl+Ctrl+1/2/3/4）.Note: when you insert the keyboard and mouse to the USB 2.0 port, it will not support hotkey switch, you can only using button switch under this condition.
- 【High Compatibility, Match Various Devices】This HDMI Dual Monitor KVM has 2 USB 2.0 ports for sharing USB devices, such as scanner and USB printer or U-disk etc. It can identify and match various display devices automatically. Also capacitate itself supports many kinds of input devices or signal sources, such as PCs, Laptop, PS4, PS3 etc. Compatible with a variety of computer systems. It can be widely used in various fields, such as education, finance, studios, offices, software development, etc
- 【Important notes】Only when your computer supports dual display or multi display, you can use this product to achieve 4 computers to share dual monitor, extended mode or copy mode. If your computer only supports single display, then this product cannot help you get dual display function. Our products include 8 HDMI cables, 4 USB-B cables, and 1 mini USB charging cable. When using the product, please make sure that all cables are connected tightly, and make sure that all cables are good.
Benefits of Best Dual Monitor Kvm Switch:
A dual monitor KVM switch is a great way to increase your productivity by having two systems side-by-side. By using a KVM switch, you can control both systems with a single keyboard and mouse, and switch between the two with a simple keystroke or mouse click.
There are a few things to consider when choosing a dual monitor KVM switch. First, you need to make sure that it supports the resolution and video inputs of both of your monitors. Most KVM switches will support common resolutions like 1280×1024 and 1600×1200, but you’ll want to check to be sure. Second, you need to decide how you want to switch between the two systems. Some KVM switches have a physical switch that you slide back and forth, while others have a button or hotkey that you can press.
The best dual monitor KVM switches will also have a few extra features that can be helpful. Some KVM switches come with built-in USB hubs, which can be handy if you want to share a printer or other USB device between the two systems. Others have audio support, so you can share speakers or headphones between the two systems. And some KVM switches come with extra cables, so you can connect more than two computers to the switch.
A dual monitor KVM switch is a device that allows you to control multiple computers using one set of keyboard, video and mouse (KVM) peripherals. The best dual monitor KVM switch will depend on your specific needs and requirements, but there are a few factors to consider when making your purchase. The first is the number of computers that you need to be able to control. The second is the resolution of your monitors – you’ll need to make sure that the KVM switch can support the resolution of your monitors. Finally, you’ll need to consider the number of USB ports that you need. The best dual monitor KVM switch will have plenty of ports to accommodate all of your peripherals.
A good dual monitor KVM switch should have a sleek, minimalist design that is easy to set up and use. The best KVM switch will allow you to easily switch between multiple computers with the press of a button, and it should have a robust build quality that can withstand years of use. The perfect KVM switch will also support multiple monitors, so you can choose the configuration that best suits your needs.
Ease of Use:
There are a few factors to consider when purchasing a dual monitor KVM switch. Firstly, decide which monitors you want to use with the switch. The switch must have the appropriate ports for your monitors. Secondly, consider the resolution of your monitors. The switch must be able to support the resolution of both monitors. Lastly, think about how easy it is to use the switch. The switch should be easy to connect and use.
There are several reasons why a dual monitor kvm switch is convenient. Perhaps the most obvious reason is that it allows you to easily switch between two different computers. This can be extremely helpful if you need to access information from both computers at the same time. It can also be helpful if you have multiple monitors and want to be able to switch between them easily. Additionally, dual monitor kvm switches typically come with a variety of other features that can be extremely convenient, such as the ability to control multiple computers with one keyboard and mouse and the ability to share files and data between the two computers.
When it comes to the best dual monitor KVM switch, durability is always a major concern. After all, you’re going to be constantly switching between two different computers, and you don’t want your switch to wear out quickly. The best dual monitor KVM switch on the market is the IOGEAR 2-Port USB Cable KVM Switch with Built-in Cables. This switch is designed to withstand constant use, and it comes with a three-year warranty.
Frequently Ask Questions:
What is the best dual monitor kvm switch on the market?
The best dual monitor kvm switch (number 1 on our list) is D-Link DUB-1040 USB 3.0 4-Port Hybrid HUB with 4K DisplayPort and it is the most popular dual monitor kvm switch on the market. This product is loved by customers for many reasons: it has an ergonomic design, it is easy to install and use, the quality of the material is very high, and it features an easy installation process that anyone can follow.
What is the best price for a dual monitor kvm switch?
The best price for a dual monitor kvm switch isikkoe Vertical 2*USB 3.0 4K HDMI DVI Dual Monitor Docking Station for Windows MacOS Linux. This product is available from isikkoe for $109.99. With free shipping, this is the lowest total price we’ve seen for this product.
You may also like: What Is The Best USB C Dock On The Market?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best KVM switch for dual monitors will vary depending on the specific needs of the user. However, some of the best KVM switches for dual monitors on the market include the IOGEAR 2-Port USB 2.0 Cable KVM Switch with Audio and Mic Support, the StarTech 2-Port USB 2.0 DVI/HDMI Cable KVM Switch with Audio and the Aten 2-Port USB 2.0 VGA Cable KVM Switch with Audio.
Last update on 2022-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.