There are many different types of duck calls on the market, but not all of them are created equal. When it comes to attracting mallards, you need a duck call that is specifically designed for this species.
Here are three of the best duck calls for mallards that you can use to bring these ducks in for a closer look.
1. The first duck call on our list is the Mad calls Double Reed Duck Call. This call is made from durable plastics and features a double reed system that gives it a realistic duck sound.
2. Another great option for attracting mallards is the Primos Hook bill Duck Call. This call is specifically designed to replicate the sounds of a hook bill duck, making it irresistible to these ducks.
3. lastly, we have the Woodhaven calls Free Wheeler Duck Call. This tough and durable call is made from a single piece of wood, which gives it a unique sound that mallards will love.
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider:
When it comes to choosing the best duck calls for mallards, there are a few things you need to take into account. First, you need to decide what type of call you want. There are two main types of calls: reed and resonant. Reed calls are typically less expensive, but they can be harder to use. Resonant calls are more expensive, but they are easier to use and produce a more realistic sound.
Second, you need to think about how you are going to use the call. If you are only going to use it occasionally, then a less expensive call may be fine. However, if you are going to use it frequently, then you may want to invest in a more expensive call.
Third, you need to consider the size of the call. Some calls are small enough to fit in your pocket, while others are larger and require a strap or case. Choose a size that will be comfortable for you to carry.
Fourth, you need to decide what features you want in a call. Some calls come with multiple reeds, while others have different size chambers that produce different sounds. Consider what features are most important to you and choose a call that has them.
Finally, you need to think about your budget. Calls can range in price from a few dollars to several hundred dollars. Choose a call that is within your budget and that you feel comfortable using.
How We Pick & Test:
One of the most important aspects of duck hunting is having the right call. Duck calls come in all shapes and sizes, and each type of call is designed to attract a specific type of duck. When it comes to mallards, there are a few things you should look for in a duck call. First, it should have a low, raspy tone. This is the type of sound that will attract a male mallard. Second, the duck call should be easy to use. Some calls require a lot of practice to get the sound right, while others are much easier to use. Third, the duck call should be durable. This is especially important if you plan on using it in the field, as you don’t want it to break or get damaged.
To test duck calls, we put them through a variety of tests. First, we test the sound quality of the call. This includes testing how realistic the sound is and how well it can carry. Next, we test the ease of use. This includes testing how easy it is to produce the sound and how comfortable it is to hold. Finally, we test the durability of the call. This includes testing how well it withstands being dropped and how well it holds up in the field.
Top 10 Best Duck Calls For Mallards
Details of Best Duck Calls For Mallards
- EASY TO BLOW: Everyone should have this call when hunting waterfowl, including youngsters wanting to help out and whistle
- 6 CALLS IN 1—Teal Drake, Pintail Drake, Mallard Drake, Wigeon Drake, Dove call, Quail calls for hunting
- VERY FORGIVING, EASY CALL - Easy to use and hard to mess up or make a bad call
- BRINGS IN THE TOUGH ONES: Even the most shy ducks seem to get a little more comfortable by the simple whistle of this little call
- A MUST HAVE- Endless combinations of sounds should be a permanent resident of your call lanyard
- Crafted from the highest quality material ensuring quality and durability
- Pro Mallard
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Single-reed call
- Blows when wet!
- PART OF THE "SPECIALTY SERIES"-Designed specifically to attract "off ducks" and those late season birds that have become call-shy
- MADE OF HIGH-IMPACT PLASTIC that can take a beating season after season
- EASY TO BLOW-Anyone can use this call to produce incredibly lifelike mallard drake noises
- NOT A "QUACKING" CALL-Remember the mallard drake does not quack, he whistles, this call MAKES THOSE LIFELIKE SOUNDS
- DARK GREEN COLOR will camouflage well with your gear
- Nicknamed the “Deceiver" and our #1 seller. This is our easiest Duck Call to use and sounds Amazing.
- Duck calls that work for beginners as well as avid duck hunters. Used by many guides.
- An important part of your waterfowl hunting gear, This duck hunting call blows even when it's wet.
- Features a fully adjustable floating wedge to allow personal tuning.
- 100% GUARANTEED! Either you’re thrilled, and Love this Duck Call, or You Get Your Money Back!
- Field-ready combo pack for duck hunting
- Includes the easy-to-use Mallard Magic double reed hen mallard call
- Also includes the versatile 6-in-1 Whistle for mallard drakes, pintail, wood duck, wigeon, and other whistling ducks
- Mallard Magic call is build with Quick-Tune double reed guts for easy maintenance in the field
- A great value combo pack that is ready to hunt right out of the box
- 2-Pack duck call kit includes Double Nasty mallard call and the Wood Duck Call
- Double Nasty duck call features Spit-Tech toneboard to help prevent sticking when wet
- Wood Duck call is simple to use and effective all season long
- Made in the USA
- Durable polycarbonate material
- Requires little air pressure to blow
- Single-reed call
- Blows when wet
- Single-reed call
- Blows when wet
- GREAT FOR BEGINNER'S- Perfect duck call for all types of hunters but especially for those that are learning
- UNIQUE SOUND- Low and super raspy sounds to attract mallard hens
- DURABLE MATERIAL- Made of high impact plastic
- EASY TO BLOW - Phil Robertson's Patented Double-reed, friction fit system
- PROVEN FIELD TECHNOLOGY- Original style and sound that have bee used for over 30 years and made Duck Commander and Phil Robertson famous
- Built off the jase Robertson Pro series reed design, this call is easy to blow
- Short barrel to maintain call pressure which produces crisp and smooth sounds that perfectly mimic the Mallard hen
- Merges the innovative attitudes of DUCK COMMANDER and Realtree into a duck call that hunters will quickly enjoy and find a space for on their lanyard
- DUCK COMMANDER signature double-reed, friction-fit System (jase Robertson Pro series reed design)
- So much Heritage built into each one of these pioneer duck calls
- Sport type: Hunting
- Now every hunter in a duck blind can call ducks
- Easiest way to reproduce the feed-chatter of ducks
- Special tuning hole in bell to sound like multiple ducks
Benefits of Best Duck Calls For Mallards:
One of the best features of duck calls is that they can help you attract mallards. Duck calls can produce a sound that is similar to the mating call of a female duck, which can help you attract male ducks. Additionally, duck calls can help you attract ducks from a distance, which can be helpful if you are hunting in an area where there are not many ducks.
The best duck calls for mallards are those that are medium to large in size. This is because mallards are larger birds and need a call that can reach them. The best duck calls for mallards are also those that are loud and have a lot of volume. This is because mallards are often found in open areas where they can be heard from a distance.
There are a few design elements that make for the best duck calls for mallards. First, the tone of the call should be realistic and mimic the sound of a real duck. Second, the design should be simple and easy to use so that anyone can pick it up and use it without difficulty. Finally, the call should be durable and able to withstand being used in all types of weather conditions.
Ease of Use:
I have never had an issue with using any of the best duck calls for mallards. They are all very easy to use and I have never had any problems with them. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for an easy to use duck call.
The best duck calls for mallards are extremely convenient, as they allow you to attract these ducks without having to use a lot of energy or effort. In addition, they are also very affordable, so you will not have to spend a lot of money in order to get one.
There are a few factors that you should consider when looking for the best duck calls for mallards. First, you want a call that is durable enough to withstand the elements. Second, you want a call that is effective in attracting mallards. And third, you want a call that is comfortable to use.
The most important factor in choosing the best duck call for mallards is durability. You want a call that is built to last and can withstand the rigors of hunting. Look for a call that is made from high-quality materials and is designed to stand up to the elements.
The second factor to consider is effectiveness. You want a call that will attract mallards and get them to come within range. Look for a call that produces realistic sounds and has adjustable volume control.
The third factor to consider is comfort. You want a call that is comfortable to use and won’t cause fatigue. Look for a call that is lightweight and has a comfortable grip.
When you consider all of these factors, you can be sure to find the best duck calls for mallards.
Frequently Ask Questions:
1. What do NELLE, GHG and Haydell produce?
If you are looking for a high quality duck call, you should definitely check out the products from NELLE, GHG and Haydell. These companies are all well-respected manufacturers of duck calls, and their products are known for being some of the best on the market.
2. What are the different types of duck calls?
There are many different types of duck calls available on the market, and each one has its own unique benefits and features. Some of the most popular types of duck calls include the Honker Call, the Goose Call, the Duck Call, the Wood Duck Call, the Acrylic Duck Call and the Aluminum Duck Call.
3. What are the benefits of using a duck call?
There are many benefits to using a duck call, but the most important one is that it can help you attract ducks to your hunting area. Duck calls can also be used to help you locate and hunt ducks that are out of view.
4. What should I look for when purchasing a duck call?
When purchasing a duck call, you will want to make sure that you select a call that is made from high-quality materials. You will also want to make sure that the call is easy to use and that it produces a realistic duck sound.
There is no definitive answer to this question because it depends on the individual hunter’s preferences. Some popular duck calls for mallards include the Yentzen One Call, the Duck Commander, and the Zink Phat Lady.
Last update on 2022-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.