Are you looking for the best felting needles? If so, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about felting needles, including what they are, how to use them, and what are the best ones to buy.
Felting needles are special needles that are used to create felted fabrics. They have a barbed tip that helps to interlock the fibers of the fabric, which creates a stronger connection. Felting needles come in a variety of sizes, so you can choose the one that best suits your project.
To use a felting needle, first, you will need to create a design on your fabric. Once you have your design, you will need to insert the needle into the fabric and start poking it in and out. The more you poke, the more the fibers will become entangled, and the stronger the connection will be.
When you are finished felting, you can remove the needle and trim any loose fibers.
There are a few things to keep in mind when you are choosing a felting needle. First, you will need to decide what size needle you need. The size of the needle will depend on the project you are working on. If you are working on a small project, you will need a smaller needle. If you are working on a larger project, you will need a larger needle.
Second, you need to decide what type of needle you want. There are two types of needles: straight and curved. Straight needles are the most common type and are the easiest to use. Curved needles are used for more intricate designs.
Third, you need to decide on the material of the needle. There are three types of materials: metal, plastic, and wood. Metal needles are the strongest and can penetrate the fabric more easily. Plastic needles are the weakest but are the cheapest. Wood needles are in the middle and are a good option for people who are new to felting.
Once you have all of these factors in mind, you are ready to choose the best felting needles for your project.
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider:
There are a few things you should take into account before purchasing the best felting needles for your project. The type of fabric you are working with, the thickness of the fabric, and the level of detail you desire will all play a role in the type of needle you select. In general, needles with smaller diameters and sharper points are best for finer fabrics and more delicate work, while needles with larger diameters and duller points are better for thicker fabrics and more heavy-duty projects.
How We Pick & Test:
We base our needle selection on a few key factors: the type of fabric you’re using, the density of the fabric, and the thickness of the fibers. We also take into account the size of the needle eye and the sharpness of the needle point.
Once we have a few needles that meet our criteria, we put them to the test. We start by felting a small piece of fabric, paying close attention to how the needle penetrates the fabric and how easily the fibers are pulled through. We also look at how much force is required to push the needle through the fabric and how much fiber is left behind on the needle.
After we’ve felted a few small pieces of fabric, we move on to larger pieces. We continue to pay attention to the factors mentioned above, but we also look at how well the needle holds up under repeated use and how comfortable it is to hold for long periods of time.
Once we’ve found a needle that we think is the best, we put it through a few more rounds of testing to make sure it can stand up to the rigors of regular use. Only then do we add it to our lineup of felting needles.
Top 10 Best Felting Needles
Details of Best Felting Needles
- ✅Basic Wool Felt ToolS Kit: You can easily start your felting craft with the provided needle felting kit with 1pcs wooden felting tool, 1pcs awl, 1pcs snips, 2pcs finger protectors, 60 pcs felting needles, 1pcs glue stick, 1pcs foam pad, 1 pcs wood handle tool with 8 needles on it (total 68pcs feling needles).
- ✅8-Needle Wooden Handle Tool: The wooden handle is wonderful for speeding up the process of needle felting. You can use 1 to 8 needles on it and it is comfortable and ergonomic in the hand and don't tend to slip.
- ✅60Pcs Needle Felting Supplies: Our needle felting tools are made of superior metal,durable for long time using. Quantity enough wool felting needles are convenient for replacing, very easy to use!
- ✅Superior Material for Long Time Use: Needle felting mat using a higher density and compression resistance foam material that allows the mat can extend its useful life significantly. Also, the firm structure help supporting your work steady, it can increase needle felting speed and safety.
- ✅Easy to Store: These needle felting tools can be well organized in a plastic box, no need to worry about missing tools. The 8-needle wood handle tool is packed individually and the needles are able to disassemble, you may store it in the needle container with screw top lid.
- GERMAN PRECISION - Groz-Beckert of Germany is well known for making the best needles in the world for needle felting. High carbon steel means the needle is strong, and the smooth polished finish ensures precise felting and control of the wool fibers.
- FOR BEGINNER to ADVANCED – Beginners learning the needle felt craft will appreciate the high-quality needles while creating their first projects. Experts of the needle felting craft depend on precision needles to create their beautiful art.
- THREE POPULAR SIZE NEEDLES – Included are 5 each of the three most popular size felting needles: 36 gauge star, 38 gauge star, and 40 gauge spiral/twist. Perfect for sculpting with wool, 3D felting, and 2D felting. Because of the high quality, these needles will outlast and outperform cheaper needles.
- COLOR CODED – Each size has its own color to make it easy to know which needle you need. The 36 gauge star (orange) is the largest needle and is used for quick felting, joining, or for course wool. The 38 gauge star (blue) is the medium size and is used for sculpting, details, and finer wools. The 40 gauge spiral/twist (green) is the smallest gauge and is used for fine details, fine wool, and finishing work.
- METAL SHARPS CONTAINER – For safe storage or disposal of needles, a metal sharps container is important. Easy to include in your craft storage or needle felting supplies kit.
- Durable Material: These needles are made of metallic iron, hard, durable and not easy to break, and to use them for a longer time. Suitable for wool, non-woven fabrics, yarn and thin soft cloth and etc. High Quality Felting Kit for home craft work.
- Felting Needles Measurement: 3 different sizes needles (9.1 cm/ 3.58 inches, 8.5 cm/ 3.39 inches and 7.8 cm/ 3.07 inches), Each Sizes of 10 Pcs, 1 Pcs Wooden Handles (3.39 in/ 0.6 in/ 0.6 inches), 1 Pcs Storage bottles, can meet your various needs.
- How to Use: The wooden handle pulls apart, you will find a cut out. Fit the needle into the gap and then put the two parts together. Use with wool roving yarn, put the wool yarn on the foam board, punch the wool grit with wood until it is in the ideal shape.
- Maintenance: Apply some machine oil and food oil on needle surface for smooth working and preventing rust and corrosion. You should use them vertically and keep them far away from children.
- WHAT YOU GET: Phinus 30 Pcs Needle Felting Tools, our 7*24 friendly customer service for peace of mind.
- Needle Felting Starter Kit: 1 pcs wood handle tool with 8 needles on it,1 pair Finger Guards(Random Color)
- Needle Felting Kit for Beginner:You can use it for wool felt, needle felting and other craft job.Great little kit to do needle felting of small wild animals, dogs, cats or trim on craft projects.
- High-quality materials, long-term use: The felting needle is made of metal iron, which is hard and durable, not easy to break, and can be used for a longer time. The needle is made of high-quality wood. wood handle tool with 8 needles is more convenient to use than ordinary felt needles. The basic felt kit is suitable for wool, non-woven fabrics, yarns, and thin soft cloths.
- Easy to Use:Can be used with wool, non-woven fabrics, wool and the use of soft and thin fabrics，Put the cloth on the brush and put needle felting tool vertically on the cloth,you can use it for wool felt, needle felting and other craft job.Solid wood handle is a wool felt tool, it is also a work of art.
- Special Design:Free to replace all sizes of needles，installation and removal is very simple and convenient, 1 to 8 pins between any use,The kit including 8 felting needles and 1 wooden handle, The 8 needles are brilliant for increasing the speed but not losing the quality finish.
- 【35 Pcs Felting Needles Kit】A total of 35 pcs needles were used for four types of stabbing needles.Include20 Pcs triangular needles,6 pcs spiral (twisted) felting needles,3 pcs star felting needles,6 pcs cone felting needles. Come with a needle storage box.
- 【4 Different Size Felting Needles】The 36 Gauge is used for coarse, fast felting leaving a larger hole. The 38 Gauge is used for all fibers and on all styles of our wool felt. The 40 Gauge is for medium felting and leaves a smaller hole. The 42 Gauge is very fine and used for detailing and sculpting.
- 【Colorful Wool Needles】All 35 needles are divided into a variety of colors, such as gold, green, black, pink, purple, etc. Easy to use while adding fun and relaxation to your wool felt making.
- 【Durable Material】These needles are made of quality metallic iron, hard, durable and not easy to break, and can use them for a longer time.High quality felting kit for home craft work.
- 【Wide Application】Suitable for wool, non-woven fabrics, yarn and thin soft cloth and etc.Needle felting isn't just decorative; you can also use it for mending. Does your favorite sweater have a hole in it? Use needle felting to patch it up!
- ✔ Practical Needle Felting Kit: Including 30pcs 3.58" felting needles, 30pcs 3.39" felting needles, 30pcs 3.07" felting needles, 3pcs black clear bottles, 2 pcs wooden felting tool for meeting all of your needs for wool felting. Our felting needles and accessories are suitable for beginners and professionals, and three different models are suitable for different stages of making wool felt.
- ✔ Good Assistance for Your DIY Work: These Wool Felting Supplies including three kinds of needle size for satisfy your needs in making different small animals, dolls, toys and other craft job. And three black bottles hold the felted wool needle separately according to the needle size,convenient and avoid losing. And the model number is affixed to the bottle, so you can recognize the one you want to use at a glance.
- ✔ Superior Material Ensure Long Time Use: Our needle felting tools kit are made of superior metal and wood ,durable and ensure long time use.The wooden wool felting tool is free to replace all sizes of needles,very easy to use! The thick needle is suitable for the primary fast stab felting stage, the middle needle is suitable for the fixed shape stage, and the fine needle is suitable for the fine processing stage.
- ✔ Great DIY Felting Tools as Gift: Suitable for wool felting enthusiast, if you are looking for a thoughtful gift for your special friend or family, or you want to design that unique gift then grab our wool felting kit. Surprise the handyman in the family!
- ✔ Using Skills:Needle felting needles are quite delicate and can break easily if used incorrectly. Please use it on the foam mat to avoid the damage.Each product surfaces are coated with a rust preventive oil before shipping, Please wipe clean by Paper towel or dry cloth before use.
- ARE YOU A BEGINNER OR EXPERT FELTER? Then this felting tool is perfect for you! And this pen style is of premium quality, you'll be sure you get your money's worth! Perfect to work with felting needle for the best felt effect. the pen style felting needle is made of top quality material, sturdy, and best for delicate projects.
- PEN STYLE GRIP: If you want to have a total control when felting, this pen style with ergonomic handle is perfect for you! Not only it is very safety when working, this tool will make you finish projects in no time without cramps or hurting! It is very extremely comfortable! the size is perfect to hold it like pen or pencil style. It is made of high quality material, and is very sturdy. you don't have to worry breaking it.
- PERFECT FOR SMALL & DELICATE FELT PROJECTS: Can use 1, 2 or 3 needles. Triple felting needles are formed into line or triangle for different purposes. Line type is special for creating lines and embellishing the border of felting projects. Triangle type is for doing 3d and delicate felting work. Needles can be changed according to your specification.
- EXCELLENT QUALITY: Our products are carefully crafted and tested so we can deliver only the best. Our needle felting tool has its own quality control aspects which are checked step by step to ensure quality standard is achieved.
- WHAT YOU GET: Phinus 3 Needle Felting Tool, our 7*24 friendly customer service for peace of mind.
- Package Including: 3 Different Sizes,Each Sizes of 20 Pcs
- Brand new and high quality
- LENGTH: SMALL SIZE(7.9cm); MEDIUM SIZE(8.6cm); BIG SIZE(9.1cm)
- Material: Metal
- This is the most common felting needles
- Complete wool felting tool kit includes 3 different sizes of needles, 42 x fine needles, 30 x middle needles, 30 x thick needles, 20 x positioning needles, 3x needles tool, 1 pair of finger cots (random color), 2 x cleaning cloths, 3 x needle bottles can meet your various needs.
- High-quality materials that can be used for a long time: The felting needles are made of metal iron, which is hard, durable and not easy to break, and it can be used for a longer time. Needles Tool is made of high-quality wood. The wood felt tool can replace needles of all sizes for free and is very easy to use! The basic wool felt tool kit is suitable for wool, non-woven fabrics, yarns and thin soft cloths.
- How to use: Open the wooden handle and you will find a cut. Insert the needle into the gap, and then put the two parts together. To use with wool roving, put the wool yarn on the foam board, and use felting needles to beat the wool sand into the desired shape. Locating pins can be used to fix parts, such as doll images and other parts that need to be fixed and then detailed stamping or fixing workbenches.
- Maintenance method: Apply some oil on the surface of the needle to ensure smooth work and prevent rust and corrosion. Wiping off oil and dirt before you use it. The functions of the three wooden needles tool are different. The needles tool with single-needle is suitable for fine detail processing of wool felt, needles tool with three-needle is suitable for larger area wool felting, and needles tool with multi-needle is suitable for larger flat area felting, such as wool felt painting, etc.
- Easy to store: These felting needles tools can be well organized in plastic needle bottles, so there is no need to worry about losing the tools. The 3 types of wooden handle tools are individually packaged, and needles of all sizes can be replaced free of charge, which is very convenient. Note that it should be used vertically and kept away from children.
- 40 Assorted Rainbow Color Needle Felting Wool: Our felt wool kit includes 40 color wool roving, packaged in 40 reusable bags, each color wool weighs 3 grams, fluffy and soft, vibrant colors, ideal for hand wool felt making and DIY wool craft.
- Complete Needle Felting Set: This felting kit not only has 40 beautiful colors felting wool yarn, but also many basic needle felting supplies, such as needle felting needles, bells, scissors, finger cots(random color), foam pad and etc. Compact felting starter kit include all your need for needle felting.
- Exquisite Felting Tool Packaging: Each color is placed in a separate bag that is easy to use and carry. And most of the needle felting tools are in a transparent plastic case that is easy to manage and you don't have to worry about losing any tools and very convenient for using.
- Wide Application: Our wool felting tool kit is suitable for needle felting, wet felting, dry felting, wool painting, jewelry making, soap making, dryer balls, and so on. Perfect choice for your families, friends or anyone who loves needle felting or felting craft.
- Warm Note: We have put all the felting accessories in the package, so you don't have to worry about what accessories you will lose. Please feel free to contact us if you have any problem before, during and after your purchase.
Benefits of Best Felting Needles:
One of the benefits of felting needles is that they can be used to create a variety of textures. For example, you can use them to create a smooth surface or a textured surface. You can also use them to create a variety of shapes, such as circles, triangles, and squares. Additionally, felting needles are easy to use and are very versatile.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors, including the type of wool you are using and the desired outcome of your project. That said, most people find that a size 36 gauge needle works well for felting wool.
Design of best felting needles are very important to the success of your project. There are different types of needles for different types of fabrics. The wrong type of needle can ruin your project.
There are two main types of felting needles: barbed and non-barbed. Barbed needles have tiny barbs on the end of each point. These barbs grab the fibers of the fabric and help to hold them in place as you stitch. Non-barbed needles do not have these barbs and are used for less dense fabrics.
The size of the needle is also important. The needle should be the same size as the thread you are using. The larger the needle, the larger the hole it will make in the fabric.
When choosing a felting needle, it is important to consider the type of fabric you are working with and the design of the project. The wrong needle can ruin your project.
Ease of Use:
If you’re looking for an easy to use needle for your next felting project, then look no further than the best felting needles. These needles are specifically designed for use with felting projects, and they feature a number of user-friendly features that make them a breeze to use. For instance, the needles are color-coded so you can easily select the right size for your project, and they’re also clearly marked with the recommended gauge so you’ll always be using the correct needle. Best of all, the needles come with a comfortable grip that makes it easy to hold onto them while you’re working.
One of the best Felting needles is the Clover Needle felting tool. It is easy to use and very convenient because it comes with a case that can be hung on a belt or bag. The Clover Needle felting tool is also lightweight and portable, making it ideal for taking on the go.
Best felting needles are made of high quality materials that make them durable and long lasting. They can withstand constant use and are not easily breakable. This makes them ideal for those who love to felting because they can be used over and over again without having to worry about them breaking.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Q. What size needle do I need for felting clothes?
The size of needle you need for felting clothes depends on the thickness of the fabric. For thicker fabrics, you will need a larger needle.
There is no one “best” felting needle. The needle that is best for you will depend on your own preferences and what you are looking to achieve with your felting project. Some factors to consider when choosing a felting needle include the needle’s size, shape, and sharpness. Experiment with different needles to find the one that you like best!
Last update on 2022-10-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.