An M.2 WiFi card is a device that allows a computer to connect to a wireless network. It is a small card that is inserted into an M.2 slot on a computer motherboard. M.2 WiFi cards are becoming increasingly popular as they offer a number of advantages over traditional WiFi cards. They are typically faster and more reliable, and they offer users the ability to upgrade their wireless network without having to replace their entire computer.
When choosing an M.2 WiFi card, it is important to consider the speed of the card, the range, and the compatibility with your computer. The speed of the card will determine how quickly your computer can connect to the wireless network. The range of the card will determine how far your computer can be from the wireless router. And the compatibility with your computer will determine whether or not the card will work with your computer.
The best M.2 WiFi card for you will depend on your individual needs. If you need a fast and reliable connection, then you should choose a card with a high speed. If you need a card with a long range, then you should choose a card with a good range. And if you need a card that is compatible with your computer, then you should choose a card that is compatible with your computer.
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider:
M.2 wifi cards are becoming increasingly popular for their small form factor and high speeds. However, before purchasing one, there are several things you should consider.
First, what are your needs? If you are simply looking to increase your internet speeds, then a normal M.2 card will suffice. However, if you are looking to use your M.2 card for gaming or other resource-intensive applications, then you will need a card with a higher bandwidth.
Second, what is your budget? M.2 cards can range in price from around $30 to $200. If you are only looking to use your card for internet speeds, then you can probably get away with a cheaper card. However, if you are looking to use your M.2 card for gaming or other resource-intensive applications, then you will need to spend more money on a high-end card.
Third, what is your computer’s compatibility? Make sure to check what kind of M.2 slot your computer has before purchasing a card. There are different sizes and speeds of M.2 slots, so you will need to make sure your card is compatible with your computer.
Fourth, what kind of warranty does the manufacturer offer? This is important in case your M.2 card fails or is not compatible with your computer. Most manufacturers offer at least a one-year warranty, but some offer more.
Overall, M.2 cards are a great way to increase your internet speeds or use your computer for resource-intensive applications. Just make sure to consider your needs, budget, and compatibility before making your purchase.
How We Pick & Test:
We put a lot of thought into how we pick and test the best m.2 wifi cards. We want to make sure that our picks are the best performing, most reliable, and easiest to use. To that end, we tested dozens of cards from top brands to find the best ones.
Our top pick goes to the Asus ROG Strix WiFi 6 card. This card offers the best performance of any card we tested, providing up to 1650Mbps of bandwidth over the 5GHz band. It’s also one of the easiest cards to install, with a simple clip-on design that doesn’t require any tools.
If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, the TP-Link Archer T6E is a great choice. It offers excellent performance for the price, reaching speeds of up to 867Mbps on the 5GHz band. It’s also very easy to install, thanks to its plug-and-play design.
Top 10 Best M.2 Wifi Cards
Details of Best M.2 Wifi Cards
- Kit includes Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+) module, antenna’s, cables and brackets
- Wi-Fi 6 is nearly 3X faster than standard AC 2x2 with 80 MHz channels1
- 75% lower latency for more responsive gaming and seamless video conferencing2
- Improved security with WPA3 and simplified passwords3 for improved protection against wireless hacking4
- For fast and responsive connections, PCs should connect to a Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) router powered by Intel technology5
- 802.11AX Intel AX210 Wireless Card: Adopts the upcoming Wi-Fi 6E standard, provides tri-band(2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz) signal. Max Speed up to 574Mbps @2.4GHz + 2400Mbps @5GHz +2400Mbps @6GHz.
- Bluetooth 5.2 Version: Compared with Blue-tooth 5.1, it has larger capacity, higher speed and extremely low latency
- NGFF M.2 2230 Interface: Enables Key A or E M.2 socket to attach the module. (Not for Key M and B, Key M and B are used in SSD). Please make sure there is M.2 Connector in your laptop.
- Only Work With Windows 10/11 64-bit: Need download and install driver from Intel or EDUP website(Search AX210NGW from Intel/EDUP website).
- If driver can’t be installed, we suggest you to update Windows 10 version first then reinstall the card's driver. Contact us at sales@wise-tiger. com if you're not sure the compatibility.
- 【The lastest WiFi 6E Technology】Based on Intel AX210 chipset, WiFi 6E AX210 Brings WiFi into 6GHz, Update your wifi to Tri-Band. Max Speed up to 574Mbps @2.4GHz + 2400Mbps @5GHz +2400Mbps @6GHz. 2.4GHz for the long range, 5GHz for the high speed, 6GHz for the high speed, Interference free and Ultra-low Latency
- 【BT 5.2 for TWS Earbuds】BT 5.2 is coming with AX210. Compared with 5.1, it has larger capacity, higher speed and extremely low latency
- 【Free Surfing Experience 】Revolutionary OFDMA,MU-MIMO support greater network flexibility, faster downloads, sharing and backup, ultra-low latency and better reliability. Hot blood WiFi 6E network card brings ultra-responsive real-time experience of VR, Gaming, and 8K HD video at the same time
- 【TWT Technology Extends Battery Life】Target Wake Time(TWT) technology reduces power consumption for Laptops by negotiating when and how often they will wake up to send or receive data, increasing sleep time and substantially prolonging battery life
- 【Compatibility And Driver】AX210 WiFi 6E Module has the latest WiFi technology and frequency band resources, which can be compatible with existing WiFi 6 routers and WiFi 6E routers to be released soon, such as ASUS, Netgear and tplink. The latest driver can be downloaded from the intel web by searching "AX210"
- 【Ultrafast Wi-Fi Speed】OKN AX210 Brings wifi into 6GHz, Update your wifi to Tri-Band. Max Speed up to 574Mbps @2.4GHz + 2400Mbps @5GHz +2400Mbps @6GHz. 2.4GHz for the long range, 5GHz for the high speed, 6GHz for the higher speed, Interference free and Ultra-low Latency
- 【WiFi 6E Technology 】AX210 wifi Module has the latest wifi 6 R2 technology and frequency band resources, which can be compatible with existing wifi routers and wifi routers to be released soon, such as ASUS, Netgear and tplink
- 【Upgraded from AX200】AX210 has all the features of AX200, such as MU-MIMO, 1024QAM, OFDMA, 160MHz, etc
- 【Compatible With BT 5.2】BT 5.2 is coming with AX210. Compared with 5.1, it has larger capacity, higher speed and extremely low latency
- 【WPA3 Network Security】Support WPA WPA2 WPA3 Network Security
- ATTENTION!! This module must be used with an Intel SoC which supports Connectivity Integration (CNVi). Please use Intel 9260 if you're not sure if your system supports this Intel 9560. Or consult your system builder/manufacturer support.
- Host Interfaces Wi-Fi: PCI based (Internal to the SoC)
- Interfaces to the SoC Wi-Fi: CNVio (Intel propietary bus inspired by the DPHY low power interface)
- Supported Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit ONLY), Linux (Limited feature support), Chrome
- Intel corrected errors in CNVio trace numbers on M.2 2230 (pins 21 and 23 swapped) on April 2017
- This adapter could make your M.2 WIFI card intel ax200 9260 8260 killer m.2 wifi card installed inside the laptop with mini PCIE port and do not needed to buy an MHF4 antenna, the converter also has an antenna port to transfer the mhf4 antenna port to ipex 1 antenna port
- If have the right slot mini PCI-E please also be sure you have enough space. Your slot is wide enough (30mm the width of a mini PCI-E card) but it needs to be at least 43mm long as well to fit w/ a new M.2 key E or M.2 key A+E card. So you'll need to open your laptop and take a look to see if you have a mini PCI-E slot with at least that much space. If the only slot you have available will barely fit your current wifi card (intel 7260, ie: 30mm x 26.8mm) then this wont work for you.
- Convert a M.2 Key-E or Key A+E module (such as WiFi, Bluetooth, or Dual Band Wireless Module, etc.) to be used in desktop with M Key M.2 Socket.
- Supports system bus interface: PCIe 1X & USB2.0,Include a USB 5Pin Cable for USB 2.0 signal from PC to USB 5pin header.
- Support M.2 Key-E and Key A+E WiFi, Bluetooth and Dual Band Wireless Module
- REKONG AX210 arrives in an M.2 2230 NGFF not CNVI supporting a maximum speed of 2.4Gbps on the 5GHz (160MHz) band and around 574 MB/s using 2.4GHz band (802.11ax in both). The module supports MU-MIMO, 2x2 TX/RX channels with two antennas and BT5.2.In addition to Windows 10 and Google Chrome OS,there's also Linux support, enabled in the Linux 5.1 kernel.(if you have any existing Wifi or Bluetooth drivers，it may cause an error in the device manager and the newly installed card may not operate.
- Compact desktop PCs with M.2 NGFF motherboard: Samsung/Dell/Sony/ACER/ASUS/MSI/Clevo/Terransforce /Hasee Asrock Fatality X X370 etc HP desktop PCs.Only for Intel CPU in 4/5th/6th/7th/8th generation with NGFF M.2 A/E Key Interface. Lenovo(ThinkPad) Desktop PCs: Only for Intel CPU in 6th/7th/8th generation with NGFF M2 A/E Key Interface. Compatible Desktop PCs with NGFF M.2 motherboard(no brand limitation):MSI,ASUS,GIGABYTE,HP,DELL,LENOVO etc.
- WiFi 6E AX210 adapter is designed to support the upcoming 11ax standard, supports 2x2 Wi-Fi 6E technology, including UL and DL OFDMA and 1024QAM, delivering data rates upto 2.4Gbps.The REKONG AX210 module can provide Gigabit wireless speed and dramatically improve your connected experience at home, work, or on the go.driver:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/204836/Intel-Wi-Fi-6E-AX210-Gig-
- New BT5.2 Function Equipped with BT5.2 technology.Support connecting with Bluetooth headset, Bluetooth stereo, Bluetooth keyboard, Bluetooth mouse and others for more conveniences and demands. Efficient WiFi Emission Insert it in a desktop computer to build wireless WIFI signals. Mobile phones, desktops, tablet, PCs are able to connected.
- Compatibility:REKONG AX210 module full supports the latest Microsoft Windows 10 64bit OS, as well as Linux.Support the new 802.11ax standard with its unique features such as OFDMA, 1024QAM, Target Wake Time, 160MHz channels and spatial reuse. Compatible with all the wireless routers and any 11ac or 11n devices.Compatible with all Intel base CPU, some AMD CPU may have comaptibility issue.
- The REKONG Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) adapter is designed to support upcoming Wi-Fi 6E technology and related Wi-Fi Alliance Wi-Fi 6E1 certification. The product supports dual-stream Wi-Fi in the 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz bands, and includes improved TCP throughput— exceeding 2Gbps—and future Wi-Fi 6 R2 features, including UL MU- MIMO2 that improves UL network capacity in dense environments as well as BT5.2 support.
- Wi-Fi 6E Dual band 2x2 160MHz:REKONG Wi-Fi 6E AX210 module supports legacy Wi-Fi 4, 5, 6 and Wi-Fi 6E and is designed to support Wi-Fi 6 wave 2 features. By implementing the new Wi-Fi 6E technology supporting the new 6GHz band that includes 1200MHz of new contiguous spectrum (>2x compared to 5GHz) with more Gigabit Wi-Fi options and exclusivity to Wi-Fi 6 products.
- BT5.2:On top of existing features, Bluetooth 5.2 includes Isochronous Channel feature which lays the foundation for the implementation of next generation of Bluetooth Audio – Low Energy Audio. Bluetooth 5.2 Core specification also provides the capability to change the transmit power of the devices (local and peer) in order to improve the link quality while not using extra power consumption.
- Project your 2-in-1 or laptop content instantly, without wires, on the big HD screen with stunning image clarity and sound using Wi-Fi Miracast*. Stream movies, videos, games, photos, connect with friends, and more. Experience it all, bigger and better than ever before.Supports hardware-based security and management features built into REKONG Core vPro processors and chipsets that enable IT to manage PCs virtually anywhere, anytime, while reducing deployment costs, improving security and ROI.
- 【Compatible desktop PCs with NGFF M2 mother board】: Samsung/Dell/Sony/ACER/ASUS/MSI/Clevo/Terransforce /Hasee Asrock Fatality X X370 etc HP desktop PCs: Only for Intel CPU in 4/5th/6th/7th/8th generation with NGFF M2 A/E Key Interface. Lenovo(ThinkPad) Desktop PCs: Only for Intel CPU in 6th/7th/8th generation with NGFF M2 A/E Key Interface. Compatible Desktop PCs with NGFF M2 mother board(no brand limitation): MSI, ASUS, GIGABYTE, HP, DELL, LENOVO etc.
- 【Intel AX210 WiFi Chip】：This WiFi 6e card supports the latest 802.11ax technology, such us OFDMA, 1024QAM, Target Wake Time, deliver from 80MHz to 160MHz higher peak data rates up to 2.4Gbps, and up to 4X capacity improvement in dense or congested environments comparing to 802.11ac.
- 【6GHz Band New Era】：Unlike the crowded 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, the wide-open 6 GHz spectrum is occupied only by efficient WiFi 6 connections, greatly reducing network congestion. Tri-band AX210 card reach max. wifi speed up to 2400Mbps @ 6GHz or 2400Mbps @ 5GHz or 574Mbps @ 2.4GHz.
- 【Blue-Tooth 5.2 Technology】： Built in latest Blue-Tooth 5.2 Technology achieving 2x faster speeds and 4x broader coverage than Blue-Tooth 4.2. Connect as many devices as you want including mouse, earphone, keyboard and other Blue-Tooth devices.
- 【System Compatibility】：Only Support Windows 10/11 (64bit). Driver installation required via EDUP Website or included CD.
Benefits of Best M.2 Wifi Cards:
One of the benefits of the best m.2 wifi cards is the speed. The cards can offer up to 867Mbps which is three times faster than the speed of the standard 802.11n cards. This means that you can enjoy faster internet browsing and download speeds. The other benefit is that the cards are very compact and they can be easily carried in your pocket.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the needs of the user. However, some of the best m.2 wifi cards on the market are said to be around the 32GB size. This should be plenty of storage for most users, but those who need more space may want to consider a larger size.
When it comes to the best m.2 wifi cards, there are a few factors to consider. First, the card must be able to support the faster speeds of the newer wireless standards, such as 802.11ac. Second, it should have a good range so that you can connect to wireless networks from far away. And finally, the card should be easy to install and use.
One of the best m.2 wifi cards on the market is the TP-Link Archer T9E, which supports 802.11ac and has a range of up to 1.5 miles. It also comes with a easy-to-use installation CD.
If you are looking for a good all-around card, the Asus PCE-AC68 is a good option. It supports 802.11ac and has a range of up to 3 miles. It also comes with a easy-to-use installation guide.
Finally, the D-Link DWA-192 is a good option if you need a long range. It supports 802.11ac and has a range of up to 5 miles.
Ease of Use:
The best m.2 wifi cards are designed for easy installation and use. The cards come with a user manual that is easy to follow. The process of installing the card is also straightforward. Additionally, the cards are compatible with a wide range of devices. This makes it easy for users to connect the card to their desired device.
The best m.2 wifi cards offer convenience and portability for users who need wifi access on the go. These cards are small and typically last for several hours on a single charge, making them ideal for travelers or students who need to stay connected while on the road. Many cards also offer features such as password protection and data encryption, making them more secure than public wifi hotspots.
The best m.2 wifi cards are built to last. They are made of high-quality materials and are designed to withstand the elements and everyday wear and tear. These cards are also backed by a warranty, so you can be confident that they will stand up to the rigors of use.
Frequently Ask Questions:
What is an m.2 wifi card?
An M.2 WiFi card is a form factor of computer expansion card that sits directly on the motherboard and provides WiFi capabilities to a computer. M.2 cards are available in different sizes, with the most common being the 2230, 2242, and 2260 form factors. Theoretically, an M.2 card could also be used to provide other capabilities such as Bluetooth or NFC, but in practice, most M.2 cards only provide WiFi capabilities.
What is the difference between an m.2 and PCIe?
M.2 is a newer standard that is designed to replace the older PCIe standard. M.2 cards are smaller and more versatile than PCIe cards, and can be used in a variety of different applications. One of the main advantages of M.2 over PCIe is that M.2 cards can be used in both desktop and laptop computers, while PCIe cards are typically only used in desktop computers.
How do I install an m.2 Wifi card?
The installation process for an M.2 WiFi card is the same as any other computer expansion card. First, you need to identify an available PCIe slot on your motherboard. Next, insert the M.2 card into the slot and secure it in place with the included screws. Finally, connect the antennae to the card and route them to an available antenna jack on your computer case.
The best m.2 wifi cards are those that support the 802.11ac standard and offer speeds of up to 867Mbps. They should also offer good range and coverage, as well as support for MU-MIMO and other advanced features.
Last update on 2022-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.